Tzalaran's favorite hangout, hence it is the name of my blog on the web. Here i'll talk about the writing of "Scales of the Assassin", working title of the start of Tzalaran's saga, and give background information on the world Tzal lives in.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Well, at least i still don't have myspace or facebook (yet)...

Apparently i've decided that i need one more thing to post on every day, so i've started this blog. Actually, i wanted to start looking at other ways of delivering background information on the setting of the novel i'm working on, and thought that this platform might work well for that. I'll still avoid Facebook and MySpace like the plague, as i've never been a social creature and i prefer my limited anonymity. If the day comes where all of the sudden i'm found on facebook, trust me that there will be multiple shots of zarzn* accompanying my wife's pointing and cackling.

There are also a few short stories with this character that i'm brainstorming and outlining now that i will post here once complete. These short stories will eventually be used for a few 3d animated shorts that i will make, but that will probably have to wait until my boys are out of their house. Don't have enough time to write, keep up with their needs, and study 3d (i'm a slow learner when it comes to art, and the cubs tend to take up alot of time. they are fairly helpful about being quiet when i'm trying to write though. :) ).

There is another blog that i use as a writing diary, i've put a link in the sidebar, and i'll probably update that daily to keep track of my progress as i've found that keeping an online diary of my writing helps to keep me moving forward on this project. that blog has never gotten many views, so i like the idea of keeping it as my writing diary, and i might eventually become savvy enough to link it to here (pfft. we'll see on that one).

So, welcome to my corner of the internet.

*zarzn - a Tillian liquor preferred by Tzalaran, that tastes an awful lot like spiced rum...

No comments:

Post a Comment